The medical school of Adam university is a Pakistan standard base medical institution and all study process is conducted according to curriculum as in Pakistan so in library all books are available recommended by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council(PMDC). Books for preparation of PLAB syllabus (UK) and USLME syllabus (USA) are also available in the library.
In Library a rich collection of medical books is available at Adam University. Library card is issued to every student and students gain the opportunity to get a complete set of medical books for full course term and are allowed to carry these books to the home till the completion of the course and must return these books to the library before they leave the country after completion of the course.
Library resources use rules
- A borrower who loses or damages library material shall be required to replace the item. A replacement cost is not acceptable unless the item is not available in the market.
- A member must obtain clearance from the library at the time of receiving his / her course completion certificates or at the event of separation from the college and faculty members and officers obtain clearance from the library at the time of departure / leave his or her job, by returning all books and materials issued against him. He/she should also surrender the library card at that time.
- Computer service has been opened of all library users for academic and research related work after their entry the accession register, one user will be used for one hours.
- A reading place may not be reserved during the reader’s absence inside the library premises.
- Personal possessions should not be allowed in the reference, journal and book stack area.
- Taking foods and drinks are also not allowed inside the library.
- Users should avoid resting their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, windows etc.
- Smoking in the library premises is strictly prohibited.
- No broadsheets, handbills, newspapers, advertisements, or other materials (other than approved, official notices of the library) be distributed or displayed within the library.
- Members should not be allowed to move books, theses, journals and other materials from their specific area to another area.
- Members should not replace the documents on shelves; the library staff will do the replacement.
- For any emergency contact with library staffs.
- Silence is required throughout the library. Readers should not dissociate the concentration of their fellows by discussion or gossiping.
- Willful misuse of library facilities may result in membership of the library being terminated.
- Users who disturb normal library environment and behave in an offensive manner, will be required to modify their behavior or to leave the library.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Avoid keeping the volumes open on the table face down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Defects found in the books and other materials taken out for use or for borrowing should be brought immediately to the notice of the library staff on duty. Books loaned should be protected from any damage.
- Marking or disfigure with ink or pencil on a book, periodical, CDs / DVD, or any other library materials in any way is forbidden. Any sort of mutilation will cause of replacement.
- Books, periodicals or other reading materials should not be removed from the library premises without being registered at the circulation counter.
- Without members no one allowed inside the library but with special permission for research purpose can be allowed to use the library for a limited period only.